Saturday 19 March 2011

LOVING my new Kindle e-reader

My husband bought me my first ever Kindle e-reader for my birthday. I've wanted one for a while and have been dropping some (not so) subtle hints. 

One of the things that I love about my husband (besides the fact that he gets me nice gifts) is that he appreciates my love of books and doesn't make me feel bad about buying so many of them. Now that I have a bookstore at my fingertips this might change because buying me an e-reader is like giving a child 24-7 access to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

I am very thankful to Amazon for creating the "wish list" function. Otherwise I probably would have done a lot of damage.

In one hour I downloaded the following books:

1. Sing You Home by Jodie Picoult
2. The Midwife of Venice by Roberta Rich
3. Love You More: A Novel by Lisa Gardner
4. Live to Tell by Lisa Gardner

Yes, Lisa Gardner is one of my favourites. When I worked in publishing my mass market paperback mystery/crime addiction felt like a bit of a dirty secret, but now I see that there is nothing wrong with enjoying a suspenseful, easy to read thriller. And I read a lot of them.

One of the other great things about the Kindle is that it came loaded with the Oxford Dictionary of English.


Because it is my birthday, I'm also going to share this photo of a beautiful and delicious Edible Arrangement that I received from one of the sweetest girls I know.


And a couple of pics from my birthday dinner....

 Handsome Aussie husband


Younger (just by a bit) brother, Andrew








3 comments:

  1. Enjoy it! Looks like I'm going to have to check out some Lisa Gardner now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin!

    Thanks Ro! Let me know how it goes! Or maybe you'll review one;).

    ReplyDelete