I’m halfway through Please Look After Mom. It is hard to put down and I'm starting to think about what I'll read next.
Time to add a few books to my spring reading list:
1. I'm very excited about Lisa Jackson's new novel Devious. A depraved, devious killer is strangling novice nuns and detectives Bentz Montoya must solve the case. It has been called “terrifying” and a Publishers Weekly review called it a “creepy thriller”. Perfect.
2. Bossy Pants, Tina Fey’s new biography
I’m a 30 Rock fan, the character Liz Lemon totally cracks me up.
3. The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
I saw the movie last week and now want to read the book. It is a legal thriller with lots of exciting twists and turns.
This was on Amazon’s “best books of the month” list in March. I always wanted to read the author’s first book Natasha and Other Stories but never got around to it. This is his first novel and he was named one of The New Yorker’s 20 under 40 in 2010.
5. 22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson is a debut novel coming out in May. It sounds really good. One blogger mentioned there was some buzz about it being the next Sophie’s Choice.
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett is out in paperback. I read this in hardcover, but wanted to include it in case anyone hadn't heard of it yet.