Monday 7 March 2011

The Midwife of Venice (I know my mother will love this one)

I have to do a quick write up of the recent Globe & Mail bestseller, The Midwife of Venice by Roberta Rich because I know that my mom will love it.

I’m willing to bet that she and all of her friends in Florida are already  talking about this novel and circulating a copy or two among the group. 
  



The heroine of the story is a Jewish midwife who is asked to save the wife and child of a Christian count.

It is described as a  “gripping historical page-turner, full of suspense and a vivid depiction of life in sixteenth-century Venice”.  

Hopefully my mother will let me borrow her copy. 

Here is an interesting story about how the book got published. I had no idea. It involves one of my favourite authors, Joy Fielding.

No comments:

Post a Comment