Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb

I've been a bad blogger this week. I went to Ottawa for a big family celebration, and it was a lot of fun. My husband and I stayed at  Arc the Hotel, a small boutique hotel which I highly recommend.

We also had a great meal at the Mekong, a great Chinese restaurant on Somerset street. Both have become favourite spots of ours and the last time we visited both was when we got married in October. 

Dinner at Mekong with cousin Rachel, sister Ad, cousin Robyn, Me and cousin Joey (left to right)

The big event was Saturday night where we celebrated the Jewish coming of age ceremony for my nice and nephew, a combined Bar and Bat Mitzvah called a "B'nai Mitzvah". There was a special service in which both my niece and nephew each had solos and made our whole family very proud. We were joined by cousins from England, Halifax and New York, it was truly a special event.

The service was followed by one of the most rocking parties I've ever been to. We danced, drank,ate and partied until we were kicked out. Hopefully the adults did not embarrass the kids too much when we took over the dance floor.

I didn't even get the chance to ask anyone what they were reading. 


One person, my lovely cousin Debi from Ottawa,  told me that she really enjoyed The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb. I'll have to check it out because I'm sure if she enjoyed it then it is good (the paperback edition will be out in July). I read Sweetness in the Belly by the same author a while ago and loved. 

Thanks Debi!

No comments:

Post a Comment